PETER ★APFTDON★ ESSAY★ CV★ TEXTS
Peter Mills (SE) 23.02.87 better known as PETER (Stateless), who defines art as that which facilitates a space, a gap within the system, within social norms, which produces a dubitability of the state of things and allows a collective of persons to silently agree, not presume, assume or count on, but expect difference. PETER creates spaces which expand the creative process from initiation to documentation, by use of fundamental methods investigating the emergence of choice, perception and action, to refine the creative process by facilitating individual definitions, which are attuned to a subjective interpretation of a situation, providing direct democracy, action and agency.
Educated in dance from a young age, PETER has encountered and worked with ephemeral things with a critical mind challenging definition and objectivity. This led PETER on an adventurous path within highly narrative expressions of dance, movement and action, within musical theatre, physical theatre and performance art. PETER has come to play with the question of what differs from the fictional representation within an art object and the representations of reality, the absence of truth or the intangible experience through the disappearance of movement. This has become PETER’s place of investigation through intensive research in Glasgow, experimentation via performance in UK, Germany and Sweden and critical studies in Stockholm. PETER is in a place where experimentation, investigation and adventure of reality is being facilitated for the spectator and practitioner through artistic knowledge production. Based in Stockholm and adventuring with Dansens Hus, Emma Tolander and ÖFA collective, Frederic Gies (DOCH), No Borders Stockholm, Aktion mot Deportation (Action against deportation), Simon Vincenzi, Tim Spooner, Myriam Van Imshoot , Litó Walkey, Benjamin Pohlig, Michiel Vandeveld, Paz Rojo, Love Källman, MA Teak (FI), MDT Stockholm, MAKOR DOCH and more.
Abridged CV/Peter Mills
PETER, 1987-2017 MDT Stockholm 16th of Nov 2017.
PETER, in labour for consideration, Nikki Kane, Body at work, Rebecca Hilton Encounter, Stockholm Uniarts, ABFHUSET Stockholm, Rebecca Hilton Encounter, Stockholm Uniarts(SE) 2017.
PETER, (6mins) Kafe44, That fucking Anarchist variety show, 2017, Display:festival 2015, Kungliga Opearn Stockholm, Sep 2015.
Den Kosmiska Havsträdgårdspassagen, (2-18 months) scenkonst17 Stockholm, Lund, Tomelilla, Bromölla, Wånas, Vittsjö, Örkelljunga(SE) 2017, Valfisken, Simrishamn(SE) 2016.
PETER, Fuck you!, I won’t do what you tell me, Kunst Vardo, RAM Galleri, Oslo(NO) 2016.
PETER,(20mins) Bodies of Evidence, Stockholm, Uniarts(SE) 2016.
LYN, A performance for the dead of night, Stockholm(SE) 2016.
RACHEL, A performance for the dead of night, Portland(US) 2015.
GABRIELLA, A performance for the dead of night, Stockholm(SE) 2015.
The great beyond project, Emma Tolander, WELD (SE), Autumn 2015.
PETER,(Bearly there) Sunday Run-up, ccap(SE) 2015.
PETER, (Reflective Nebular) MARC (SE), residencial performance, October 2014/January 2015.
PETER, MDT Stockholm, , 48-hour durational performance, April 2014.
-Philosophy in the context of Art (15 credits) at the Royal Institute of Art (Kungl. Konsthögskolan) 2016.
-Choreographic practices in performing arts for babies and children, Dans och Cirkus Högskolan, 7,5 credits.
-Dans och Cirkus Högskolan (DOCH), MFA/choreography, 2014.
-Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance, BA/dance, 2009.
Bodies of Evidence, Stockholm, Uniarts Stockholm, 2016.
Emma and Peter’s discussion game and café, ÖFA, BAS Bandhagen Stockholm, 2013.
I won’t do what you tell me!, PETER PETER (2017) Order
Koreografisk Journal. Tema #4: Dokumentation, Anarcha-choreography (2016) Link, Download
Cecilia Roos and Jan Burkhardt, Research project, To let things unfold by catching the center, Stockholm, Uniarts Stockholm, 2016, 2017.
The Blob, Body Double, MDT Stockholm, 2016, 2017.
Frédéric Gies, Reasearch project, Bad Girls’ practice, DOCH 2016. Stockholm, uniarts(SE), 2014.
Robin Dingemans, (SE)
– PETER, den relativt lilla, svenska trädet. Stockholm, 2017.
– The Assimilation Project: Weld Stockholm, 2015-2016.
Dalija Acin Thelander, (SE)
– Senscapes: SHCAT Shanghai (CN), Skånes Dansteater, SWOP Festival (DK) 2016, Panorama festival (BR), Spira Jönköping (SE), Weld/Moderna Stockholm, 2015.
Pontus Petterson, (SE)
– The wind escorts the sky, Weld Stockholm, 2017.
– @sit_catris Instagram 2016.
– The Poeticians, Weld Stockholm, 2015.
– Cat practice, Stockholm, Internet cat video festival Stockholm, 2014.
Simon Vincenzi, (UK)
– Luxuriant: Within the Reign of Anticipation, touring (PL) (IT), 2013.
– KING REAL AGAINST THE GUIDELINES, touring (UK), 2013.
– Naked Singularity as Part of Operation Infinity, Barbican (UK), 2011.
Michael Keegan Dolan (IRL),
– Fabulous Beast, The Rite of Spring, English National Opera at the London Coliseum, 2009.
Teaching and workshops:
-Movement practice workshop, 2017.
– Choreographic supervision for solo works of the Kandidatprogram i Danspedagogik, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
– Choreographic supervision for group choreographies of the Kandidatprogram i Danspedagogik, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.
– Artistic workshop for the Kandidatprogram i Danspedagogik, 2015, 2016, 2017.
– Mentor for four students of the MA in choreography 2017 and new performative practices 2015.
– Artistic workshop, dance analyse 2015, 2016.
– Creative workshop, and danscamp. 2012.